Saturday 9 November 2019

Stories of the Prophet- Adam, Nuh, and Salih (AS)



Hi guys, today I wanted to share with you what I've been doing with my first grader as far as his Islamic Studies is concerned.  We have been studying the stories of the prophets together. We incorporate cursive writing and grammar into our studies. So here is what a typical study looks like;

Day 1- We read the story and talk about it.
Day 2- We read the story again and do an oral narration plus draw a picture in our notebook
Day 3- We review the story and work on our chosen letter
Day 4- We incorporate grammar
Day 5- We review that weeks story and the previous weeks stories.


I am reading the stories from Migo and Ali love for the Prophets. I find this book to be perfect for where he is at as far as comprehension. I plan on doing the stories of the Prophets with him every year and adding more information as he gets older.



Here is a drawing of Nuh (AS) and the ark. We talked about words from the story and practiced writing the letter N in cursive.


Here is another picture from the story of Adam (AS). We were working on identifying nouns in the story. We used our letters to write each noun and talked about whether it was a common noun or a proper noun.






For the drawing inspiration I follow Hana over at pepper and pine. She has a wonderful alphabet series using the stories of the Prophets on her YouTube channel.


This was for the story of Salih (AS) and the she-camel. We talked about all the Proper nouns in this story (Salih, Thamud) and the common noun (camel). We also practiced the letter S but I didn't get a picture of that.

If you follow me over on Instagram  @teachermomplus3 I show the process and the daily routine over there. I have a whole highlights video dedicated to our Islamic Studies.

We've only done three prophets so far but I'll share more as we progress through out the year. How do you guys teach Islamic Studies? I'm always looking for more books and ideas, please share any recommendations or tips you use.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01