Tuesday 14 June 2016

Summer Plans


Happy Summer guys! Finally the weather is getting warmer around here and we are enjoying our summer break. Even though we are not doing our regular school routine, I still like to have some plans for my kids. It keeps them from 1. forgetting everything we learned and 2. it keeps them from driving me crazy with "mommy I am bored".

Here is our summer plans;

1. Review

We are using summer review packets I purchased off of teachers pay teachers for both boys. I love it because it is simple, covers both language arts/math, and a solid review of what we covered. I only require them to do a page out of the book but most often they will do 2 or 3 pages.

I purchased the 1st grade and 2nd grade summer review packet.


2. Library and Lots of Reading

The boys are required to read for an 1 hour each day. They often will go over that time if they are really into a story. I don't have a required reading list for them just what ever they enjoy reading. I also read aloud to both boys. We are almost done reading Farmer Boy which we have been enjoying. We also visit the library once every two weeks and they end up getting lots of books to read.



We will also be participating in a summer reading challenge "Read the world summer book club."  
We will be reading one book from a different part of the world using Give your child the world as a guide. I am excited about this because it will keep me accountable. Make sure you visit the link above for more details if you want to participate its FREE.


3. Science and fun experiments

My boys really enjoy science and doing experiments. Once a week we do a fun experiment no worksheets, lab reports just fun and hands on. We are currently reading, learning and observing caterpillars. We are having a blast watching them go through all their changes.




And lastly we will enjoy lots of time out doors with friends and family. Parks, splash pads, and outdoor theme parks.

I hope you guys are having a fabulous summer :).

Linked up with:
Weekly Wrap-Up


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01