Wednesday 19 October 2016

Math and Sight Word Construction Theme


Hi guys! For day 3 of our construction themed activities, we practiced some sight words and worked on find the missing number. All printables can be found at the bottom of this post.

Math:

We counted together and when we got to the missing number I would ask him "what comes next?" 



I set up numbers 1-20 for him, but he was only interested in completing 1-10.


Sight Words:

We've been practicing sight words using our preschool prep DVDS so I pulled five words that I wanted to focus on with him for this theme (of, all, he, with, my).

I put some black kinetic sand in our salt tray along with the sigh word cards and magnetic letters.I would ask him what the word was and he would spell it out with some help using the magnetic tiles.



Once he was done spelling out the sight words, he wanted to play with the letters and the sand. 

we added a construction vehicle and it turned into a letter rescuing mission. 


Here's a short video of him playing with the kinetic sand and magnetic letters.


All printables used come from the preschool construction pack that can be found here. Make sure to check out all the fun we had for days 1 and 2 here  here and here  of our construction theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01