Friday 20 December 2019

The Story of Prophet Musa (as) Unit Study




Hi guys, today I wanted to share with you another free unit study. This time we're learning all about Prophet Musa. This is only one part of his story, mainly focusing on when he was a baby. I put together this unit for my boys and I hope that it benefits you guys too. If you do find any mistakes please do contact me and I'll be happy to correct it.


As always the unit includes a schedule. You can use this how ever you see fit. 

With every unit we do I try to incorporate as many subjects as possible. This makes my life easier and it makes the lessons connected and flow better. 

Reading Comprehension/ Story sequencing Activities


After reading the story the boys and I sequence the main events of the story. This helps with comprehension and narration.


We also create a notebooking page with an illustration and practiced our cursive letters. This is not part of the unit, but we've loved how well they always turn out. You can find the chalk drawing lesson from Pepper and Pine's YouTube channel.


Board game helps the children answer story questions in a fun way. Answer the question, roll the dice and move along the river.

Language Arts


Story vocabulary lacing activity. We also use the vocabulary words as our spelling for the week.


Letter B hunt around the house. I had the boys find me things that start with the letter B around the house. 


For Grammar we searched for nouns in the story and made sentences. We added an article, adjective, and verb to our sentence. My son then helped me label the sentence using the Montessori grammar symbols.


Crafts


The boys made clay baby baskets to use as story props and to play with.


There is so much more included in the unit and I hope that you will enjoy it just as much as we've enjoyed it. Make sure to tag us if you do share and do any of these activities @teachermomplus.


Click on the image to download your free copy.


I also have a free unit study about Prophet Yunus. Click on the image above to check it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01