Sunday 30 March 2014

DIY Moon Clock




O and I made this moon (Idea came from here) clock together after discovering his love for all things space. I purchased a wooden clock face from Micheals and we painted the back and sides all black.



I printed off the moon image from online and took it over to staples to have it blown up. They couldn't get it to the exact size I needed so we had to paint all the areas that weren't covered by the image using both black and silver acrylic paint.

They clock kit is also from Micheals it came in black but we chose to paint it red so it would stand out against all that gray. I painted the clock hands with enemal paint that I got from Micheals. If you chose to do what we did I recommend doing this part alone and in a well ventilated area, because the paint is very strong.

O was so proud of his work and I think it turned out really well. He was so proud of it we actually ended up making two :)

We hang it up over the reading bench in our school room.



Now I can't decide if I should add one in the middle or is it over kill ????

Linked up with
Delinate Your Dwelling
We Made That
iheartnaptime

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01