Tuesday 26 November 2019

Stories of the Prophets- Ibrahim and Ismail




Hi guys, today I wanted to share with you our lesson on Prophet Ibrahim and Prophet Ismail. I shared on a previous post that I've been teaching grammar and handwriting using the stories of the prophets. We've so far read about Adam, Nuh, and Salih (AS). In that post I detailed the lay out of our lessons and what I cover with my first grader. If your interested click the picture below.



Since the story of Ibrahim and Ismail contain so many different parts, I decided to break them up into mini stories for my son. The first story we read was about when prophet Ibrahim was young and broke all the idol statues. As a punishment the people of the town threw him into a big fire and Allah had saved Ibrahim.


On the first day we read the story and just talked and my son completed an oral narration. On day two we worked on our drawing. Day two we talked about nouns and verbs related to the story.


I wrote down sentences on a piece of paper and my son used the Montessori grammar symbols to label each part of the sentence. For day three my son practiced the cursive letter I.

 The second story we covered was when Prophet Ibrahim left his son and wife on a barren desert. After running out of food and water, baby Ismail started to cry. His mother ran between As-Safa and Al-Marwa seven times looking for someone to help her. Then and angel came down and kicked the earth causing a spring to gash forth-Zam Zam water.


We talked about proper nouns vs common nouns for this story and also reviewed verbs, articles, and adjectives. For handwriting my son worked on cursive letter z. For some reason I don't have a picture of that, but If you follow me on Instagram I share our daily lessons on there.

The last story we read was about Prophet Ibrahim and Ismail building the Kaba.


For this story my son practiced the cursive letter K for Kaba.



That's it for our lessons. I hope that you guys are enjoying this series just as much as my son and I are enjoying it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01