Thursday 25 August 2016

Preschool Letter P Activities

Letter: P
Shape: Identifying Shapes Around Us
Color: Matching Color Names
Vocabulary Theme: Penguins


Hi guys! I hope you guys are having a great week. This week our letter focus was all things letter P. Here are some of the activities my preschooler enjoyed. All the free printables that I used are linked at the end of this post.

Phonics: 

letter P beginning sound basket 


Along with these activities we practiced recognizing all the letters in his name. He wasn't really into it so I didn't push it. 

Math:

popcorn 1:1 correspondence

roll and cover. 

Since he already knows the names of the colors I added a bit of a challenge this week. We are working on recognizing the color names.

 Fine Motor:


 This was his favorite all activity all week. I using some cotton balls and some water mixed with yellow food coloring. He "buttered the popcorn" using a dropper. 

P is pumpkin lacing. 

Craft:

Letter P pom pom painting. 


Sensory Play:

Popcorn and pumpkins



floating penguins.

Invitation to Explore:



Vocabulary :

I don't have a picture to share with you because most of our vocabulary practice happened at bedtime. He went to sleep with a stuffed penguin every night this week. So we talked about the different parts of a penguin pointing to each part and repeating after me. Flippers, beak, feathers, feet, etc.


Books:


Some of the books he enjoyed this week were Polar bear, Polar Bear, Panda Bear, Panda Bear, If you give a Pig a Pancake, and Penguins big Adventure.

Resources:
Penguin roll and cover
Penguin Do a Dot page 
Popcorn 1:1 correspondence
Popcorn Fine Motor printable 
P pom pom painting printable



2 comments:

  1. I love this Ayan ma sha Allah. Looks like he had a tone of fun. You are totally AWESOME. Absolutely love your blog.
    Faiza

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww your so sweet Faiza :). Thanks for stopping by, I always love when you visit my blog.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01